Kate Thompson, M.Ed, LPC, NCC
I welcome clients whose challenges have developed recently or unexpectedly, as well as those experiencing life-long difficulties. I work with an array of issues that may impact mood, relationships, stress levels, ability to feel successful at work, and daily functioning. Although people seek counseling for serious issues, laughter often occurs as part of the healing process. The therapeutic relationship offers a higher level of trust and peace of mind. I enjoy celebrating in my clients’ progress and well-being.
I have over 35 years experience combining my passions for psychology, education and mind/body techniques. Talking through a confusing or upsetting situation can bring clarity and a new perspective. In addition to using traditional methods, I am certified in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing). EMDR is an extensively researched therapy recommended for PTSD. I also incorporate Brainspotting and CRM (Comprehensive Resource Method). These are cutting-edge and extremely effective therapies for resolving distress and empowering clients.
I believe getting to the heart of the matter is best achieved utilizing my multi-faceted approach. People embrace the resources and techniques they have learned and quickly notice positive changes.
Person-Centered Approach • EMDR • Brainspotting •
Comprehensive Resource Method (CRM) • Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Therapist within a Group Practice specializing in trauma therapy
- Intervention Specialist, Public & Approved Private Schools
- Therapist, Outpatient Child and Adolescent Unit
- Mobile Therapist, Wrap Around Services working with children/adolescents and their families in their homes
- On Site Supervisor, Partial Hospitalization Program
- Coordinator, Career Guidance and Councelling
- Coordinator, Adult Literacy Program
- Teacher, Elementary School
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: Thiel College
- Certification in Teaching: Thiel College
- Masters in Education: California University of PA
- Certification in Counseling: California University of PA
License and Certifications
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, #PC004605
- National Board for Certified Counselors #68462
- Certified Member of EMDRIA