Kate Thompson, M.Ed, LPC, NCC
After receiving my degrees in Psychology and Education, I began my career in the classroom and branched out into coordinating grants for an adult literacy program and women's counseling groups.
I have held positions with community agencies and schools in the following capacities:
- On Site Supervisor, Partial Hospitalization Program
- Mobile Therapist, Wrap Around Services working with children/adolescents and their families in their homes.
- Therapist, Outpatient Child and Adolescent Unit
- Intervention Specialist, Public & Approved Private Schools
I joined a group practice specializing in trauma therapy. While there, I earned my certification as an EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) therapist and trained extensively in Brainspotting and Resourcing. I then I established my private practice in 2012.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: Thiel College
- Certification in Teaching: Thiel College
- Masters in Education: California University of PA
- Certification in Counseling: California University of PA
License and Certifications
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, #PC004605
- National Board for Certified Counselors #68462
- Certified Member of EMDRIA